Sunday, May 27, 2007

Parties

I graduated high school on 23rd May. It was a new feeling and I was definitely excited. However, this excitement was far more different than what was being shared in a bunch of graduation parties thrown weeks before the actual day.

My time spent in that school was only about a little more than two years. In that time, I met some wonderful people and shared a great time. And then came along that greedy urge for wanting more time with those people;good and bad, both work for me. After all, people are not just supposed to see and know the good in you, they deserve to know the bad too...and stick around.
And when they do stick around, you've finally found true friends.
I think I digressed right there.

Anyway, before all these parties started (the ones at Carolina Park), I thought that I would enjoy them as I am an extrovert and absolutely love to dance. At the moment, I did enjoy them! I had fun, non-stop fun. But after LPT (i.e two parties), I felt worthless. To elaborate upon that, it was a sense of "wasting" away my time and not being "productive", I guess?
Then, came along another bunch of graduation/birthday parties which were entirely different, and I figured out why- I actually socialized rather than dancing away the whole night/day. And there it was! I wasn't uncomfortable with the whole idea of "should I be partying like this every now and then?"

Since I have been talking about all these parties, I must mention how amazing they were in their own way! I learnt: some cool moves to go with the electric slide; "pop, lock, and drop it" ;SALSA, SHAG, AND SWING; some more cool moves like being a water sprinkler, jumping up and down while pushing a shopping cart; cleaning a sand funnel in a park with the utmost dedication; and being as cool as a three year old on one's eighteenth birthday!










On a serious note, I figured once again that it was alright to go and spend this much time "partying", as I have just begun to explore and analyze the world out there with all of my senses. After all, we can't rely on books to teach us everything. And then, a friend comforted me more by telling me that I would be able to handle the seriousness and the fun perfectly!

Although, I think I'll have to be cautious in college! ;)

No comments: